Standard Times of Prayer of the Manichaean Faith
• The First Prayer is at sunrise, facing the direction of the Sun.
• The Second Prayer is after consuming the morning meal (before 9:00 a.m.), facing the direction of the Sun.
• The Third Prayer is at 9:00 a.m., facing the direction of the Sun.
• The Fourth Prayer is at 12:00 p.m., facing the direction of the Sun.
• The Fifth Prayer is at 3:00 p.m., facing the direction of the Sun.
• The Sixth Prayer is after sundown, facing the direction of the Moon.
• The Seventh Prayer is three hours after sundown (around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m.), facing the direction of the Moon.
Note: On Tuesdays, preferably in the mornings, the “Prayer Before Reciting the Prayer of Emanations” and the “Prayer of the Emanations” is recited. The Elect are expected to recite the Emanations prayers on a daily basis. Hearers (Listeners) are encouraged to recite these prayers at least once on Tuesdays. Continue below with the standard hourly prayers.
Standard Hourly Prayers
Standing, facing the Sun by day and the Moon by night, wash the hands, arms and face with flowing water using a receptacle dedicated for this purpose alone. Standing, one says:
Our faith instructs us to direct our prayers to God, the Father of Greatness, in the direction of the sun and the moon; we give praise to the Spirit of holiness, to the Living Spirit, to His Five Sons, to all the Immortal Ones, with full attention and with a sincere heart, each day. The sun and the moon are our path, the gate from which we march forth into the world of our existence into the Kingdom of Light. Prostrate, one says:
To Abba d’Rabbuta. Praise be to You, O Lord of Heaven, Father of Greatness who provides Your sons and daughters with the Holy Peace. Blessed are you the King of the Universe. Ameen.
To Imma d’Khaya. Praise be to you, O Spirit of holiness, Mother of Truth, who provides Your sons and daughters with the Holy Truth. Blessed are you the Great Comforter. Ameen.
To Rukha Khaya. Praise be to you, O Living Spirit, Son of Light who provides your sons and daughters with the Holy Teaching. Blessed are you the Root of Light. Ameen.
To Mar Mani. Praise be to you, O blessed one of Light, Mani our Comforting Guide; from the Root of Light and Branch of Life, you are like a mighty tree that brings healing. Blessed are you the Holy Prophet. Ameen.
To the Blessed Immortal Ones. Praise be to you, O Enlightened Ones, Compassionate Beings, who provide balance and understanding for devotees in this dark world. Ameen and ameen.